Friday, November 28, 2008

Gawad Kalinga Taguig Village

I´m having a little bit of a difficult time right now. I am having a constant battle in my mind that of which is between wanting to just go home or stay here. I feel as if i am just so ready to go home. I am so tired mentally and physically. I am ready to have a normal life again, sleep in my own bed, have my own schedule, be with my family and everything else that has to do with Belews Creek. I think about how home is just around the corner and that makes me just ready to go back to my family and friends there. BUT then there is Taguig village which in fact has a piece of my heart. This place is what is in fact keeping me sane while being here. The people are so loving and welcoming. The kids make me incredibly happy and i want to take them all home with me( i know i said it in my last post too, but im serious). I feel as if i have established this amazing connection with this village that i am not at all ready to leave.

I do think that this amount of time left (a little over 2 weeks) is perfect though.
I do also think that it feels impossible that our tour is almost over. I cant believe that the end of Cast B 08 is over in 2 weeks. I have many feelings about this that i don't feel like writing about them because i just want to make the most of these next weeks and get everything out of it i can and not talk about leaving until it happens!

So just a random thought, but i just want everyone who reads this know that everyday counts for something and you should never waste it.

LOVEEEE KELLY

1 comment:

lauraduin said...

Hi Kelly, I think you must be back home by now. After reading your last post, I can certainly understand how you must have felt. I hope you enjoyed your last 2 weeks and you should be proud of all that you have accomplished, you seem like you have grown up so much and have a greater appreciation for everything. You and Gwen were a high light of our year and we too learned so much for the both of you. Hope you have a great holiday, enjoy your family. We are of to Cancun for 5 days before Christmas, we are looking forward to enjoying some nice weather. Love Laura Duin