Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween






So i know i haven't been on here since ABQ, but i honestly have been so busy. I have definately realized that i just don't have any time for the internet. This is the first time i have even been on since about 4 weeks ago.  I'm very sorry to anyone who comes to my blog and there's nothing new. I can promise you though that i have been having the best time ever during the rest of our U.S. tour.  Here i have put up some pictures from our Halloween party last night. Just for fun :]
      I got to see my family last weekend in Cheyenne, and it was beyond amazing. It really felt so unreal because i hadn't seen them in so long. It was so wonderful to be with my family again.  I have realized how much they mean to me and how much i appreciate what they do for me. They are my blood, life and heart.  It was sad that i only got to spend about 24 hours with them, but at least i saw them :] 
     For our community service we have been going into schools and doing our Stand For Peace projects.  I love doing this because it's wonderful to get to teach children about diversity and how we should work together and just getting to represent Up With People and what we are doing!  I love working with kids too, so its just fabulous!  Also i got to work with this organization called community action. I got to help repair and build houses for homeless veterns.  I really felt so helpful during this and like i really made an impact. It's such a great feeling.
     We have a diversity fair tomorrow so i really need to go to sleep.  i hope to write again soon!
We do only have 2 weeks left in the U.S. though.  I can't believe it!
-Kelly

No comments: