Saturday, July 12, 2008

and the journey begins

I got to Denver about 1pm yesterday. Let me just say that i have been here for a little over 24 hours and it's already life changing. When i got to the place where all the cast members met, i walked in so nervous and didn't know what to expect. By the time i walked out i felt like i already had made so many great friends. Friends that i would keep for life. People who want to make a difference and give something they have to the world. Creativity and ideas were filled in that one room. Just being in that room with all these new people, i realized how different everyone really is. It's amazing to see and experience. I'm so excited to get the opportunity to see what everyones opinions are, what they think, what their dreams are. It's very exciting. While we were getting to know each other, we played card games all afternoon while waiting for all the other flights get in. haha we all played this game that was like spoons, but something like DEATH bottles. It got pretty intense.
So i think i got REALLY lucky with my host family. I feel like i am at home right now.
My host family is the Duins. My host mom is Laura, dad, Brad. I also have 2 brothers, Grant, 20, Reese, 14, and a sister, Lindsay, 22. They ROCK! I have always wanted brothers, so it's perfect! They have a really great sense of humor too. Last night everyone was making fun of my country accent and how i say syrup and crayons. haha. We are going to the mountains tomorrow to ride four wheelers. They are very nice and just incredible for making Gwen and i feel at home. Speaking of that, my room mates name is Gwen. She's 23 and from Switzerland. She's very sweet and polite. :] Last night i went to sleep later than her and when i went downstairs to our room she wrote a note to me saying goodnight. It was really cute!
Anyway, i'm done writing for now. I still have so much to say, but it'll have to wait
much love!

Oh and they said we better plan on NOT sleeping for the next 6 months. how exciting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for blogging Kel. I love reading your thoughts and hearing about your experiences. I hope that you keep it up.
Mom